Yes, these courses qualify for mandatory continuing legal education for: National Association of Legal Assistants, State Bar of California, Florida, North Carolina, and Louisiana State Paralegal Association. For all others please check with the corresponding institutions.
ODW2106 – Inclusivity, Intersectionality, and Becoming a Better Ally
Amplify those marginalized voices! Utilize techniques for holding yourself and other accountable, while creating a space where teams can thrive. Learn how to be a leader who supports equality and stands up for the rights of others.
Course Category: On-Demand Webinars
Course Level: Intermediate
CLE Credit: Non-substantive
CLE Hours: 1.5
Fees: $45 for Members and $65 for Non-members
Course Materials: Webinar recording and a PDF of the PowerPoint slides.
Description: This on-demand webinar explores how to be an ally who is a leader – one who supports equality, stands up for the rights of others, and is a powerful voice alongside marginalized individuals or groups.
Topics include the following:
• Neuroscience of both in-group and out-group bias
• Intersectionality, or valuing the multiplicity of identities held by an individual (i.e., their “whole self”)
• Creating space so teams can thrive with diversity of backgrounds, approaches, and knowledge to find common ground
• Techniques for holding yourself and others accountable for words and actions
• Techniques to amplify the voices of those who may be marginalized
Course Year: 2021
After successfully completing this course a completion email will be sent stating that your certificate is now available. To view your certificate and transcript please visit nala.education. Click on the blue arrow in the top right and select transcript. From this menu, you can view or print certificates or your transcript.
Courses are priced for individual use and consumption and are not intended for rebroadcast and sharing.