Declare Your Candidacy
Your Voice Matters
NALA has continued to grow and prosper simply because our members are involved and invested in the growth of the paralegal profession. NALA is a membership organization. This means that the individual voices of our members matter greatly.
If you are passionate about the paralegal field and want to impact the future of NALA, a Board position might be the right fit for you. The NALA Board of Directors recognizes the importance of exceptional board leadership and believes that a strong and effective board is needed for continual success in reaching its mission (“Equipping paralegals for the challenges of the future through certification, professional development, and advocacy.”). Our Board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and for the paralegal profession.
On behalf of the Board, the Talent Acquisition Committee extends an invitation to qualified members to get involved in your GREAT association. Serving on the Board is a rewarding, gratifying, and enjoyable way to be engaged in your association.
Submissions are due by March 15, 2024. Declare your candidacy today! Click here to learn how.
The NALA Certifying Board is committed to setting, improving, and evolving the professional certification standards by which paralegals demonstrate exceptional knowledge, skills, and integrity.
Continuing Education Council (CEC)
- Plan conference education sessions
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate continuing education programs and certification review courses
- Produce Facts & Findings
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
- Further the goals of the Corporation to encourage, support, and maintain high standards in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Monitor diversity, equity, and inclusion trends and issues
- Work to address diversity, equity, and inclusion to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion to foster meaningful, open, and constructive dialog throughout the Corporation to celebrate diversity of its members and leaders
- Work within the Corporation to celebrate the diversity of its members and leaders
- Strengthen diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives throughout the Corporation
This committee shall report any violations of the Code of Ethics adopted by the Corporation to the directors for appropriate action.
Professional Development Committee (PDC)
- Maintain Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Maintain Model Standards and Guidelines for Utilization of Paralegals
- Provide articles for Facts & Findings
- Oversee the research and publishing of the National Utilization and Compensation Survey
- Keep up to date on activities affecting the paralegal profession
- Oversee the development of professional development courses