Resources for Affiliated Associations
If you are an officer of a NALA Affiliated Association, this is an important page for you. This page includes links to forms and information needed to support the affiliation of your association with NALA.
Affiliated Associations-Only Resources COMMING IN JANUARY 2022
The Affiliated Associations-Only area for Affiliated Association officers on the NALA website. Email Patrice Pratt NALA’s Affiliate & Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access to the Affiliated Associations-Only area. Please be sure to include the name of your association in the request. This is a valuable resource for ideas on working with bar associations, membership services, and other programs your Association may be considering. The website includes the NALA Liaison Guidelines, a list of important dates for your reference, the Affiliate Exchange and Affiliate Award application forms, and the annual reports submitted for Affiliated Associations Annual Meetings.
Affiliation Fee Renewal
Please view the FAQ page for instructions on how to renew your association’s membership.
If you need more information, please contact Patrice Pratt email@example.com.
Annual Meeting Information
2021 AFFILIATE AWARD
Purpose: To recognize members or committees of affiliated associations for their contribution to the goals and programs of their NALA Affiliated Association.
Eligibility for Nomination: A member of an Affiliated Association in good standing (current NALA Board and committee members are eligible).
- Who can nominate: NALA Affiliated Association in good standing may designate one recipient each year
- Deadline to submit a nomination: May 1
- Award benefits: Recognition during Affiliated Association Annual Meeting at NALA’s 2022 Annual Conference.
Submit your nomination for the 2022 NALA Affiliate Award here: 2021 NALA Affiliate Award Online Nomination Form
- Deadline for Awards: May 1, 2022
- Click here for a list of all Affiliated Associations Award recipients since 1995
- Click here for the list of 2021 Affiliated Associations Award recipients.
NALA AFFILIATED ASSOCIATIONS NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
To recognize the achievements and contributions of an individual affiliate member, a committee of an affiliated association, or of an affiliated association itself which have a national and long-lasting impact.
Award Benefits Include:
- Recognition during Annual Membership Meeting at Conference
- Travel expenses paid by NALA – per diem (2 days), 1-night hotel, round-trip airfare, and Day 1 registration fee
Criteria for Selection
- Achievement or contribution must have a national and long‐lasting impact
- Nominee must have played a significant part in creating, developing, and/or promoting an important and distinctive program that positively impacts NALA or the paralegal profession on a nationwide basis for a minimum of three years
- Develops or participates in a community service program that results in a positive public image for the paralegal profession on a national basis
- Contributes to paralegal education such as publishing a book
- Develops a nationally-recognized professional development or career enhancement program
Eligibility for Nomination
Affiliate member, Affiliate committee, or Affiliate Association in good standing (current NALA Board and committee members not eligible)
Who can nominate?
NALA Active type member or NALA Affiliated Association in good standing may submit one nomination per year. This is not an automatic nomination from the Affiliates Award – it must be a separate nomination with a separate nomination form.
April 1, 2022
- Deadline for Registration: May 1, 2022
- Deadline for Exchange Applications: January 25, 2022
- Click here for a list of all Affiliated Association Exchange presentations since 1999.
Members of NALA Affiliates have access to the following courses for free.
- How to Grow Your Association’s Membership with Stellar CLE Conference
- How to Put on Fantastic Seminars
- Not Your Typical Newsletter: Communicating with Members in the Digital Age
CLE CREDIT REQUEST PREAPPROVAL
SAMPLE BYLAWS WITH REQUIRED LANGUAGE