COVID-19 Safety & Conference Policies
The health and safety of all visitors to NALA’s Conference remains our top priority. We are closely monitoring government mandates and policy changes, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, and public health advancements. As information pertaining to the virus continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all NALA Conference attendees.
We will continue to follow CDC and local guidelines. Currently, mask wearing is encouraged, but it is optional.
Hand Sanitizer Stations
We will have hand washing facilities and/or sanitizing systems easily accessible to everyone throughout the event.
Social distancing practices will be implemented according to all venue, local, and state guidelines. Currently, maintaining a six-feet distance from others is encouraged, but it is optional.
No Contact Policy
We encourage you to minimize direct contact with other attendees. To assist in minimizing potential physical contact, elbow bumps are a great alternative to handshakes.
Health and Safety Signage
Signage will be placed to remind all attendees to social distance and frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
Conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and speakers will need to answer the following questions each day:
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms? (Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, and/or diarrhea.)
- Has anyone with whom you have close contact, like someone who lives in your house, a relative, a friend, or a co-worker tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days or had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days?
If you can answer no to both questions, you can proceed to attend that day’s conference activities.
If you are having symptoms, you may not attend conference activities. Your in-person registration gives you access to the livestream sessions, allowing you to participate virtually from your own computer or smart phone. Reminder – the recording bundle is also included in your registration, and you will be able to view all sessions on-demand when the recordings are released.
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms, or suspect you have been exposed, you will need to be masked during all conference activities, except when eating or drinking.
Safety Measures at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
The hotel has put in place a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19 as outlined in Marriott’s Commitment to Clean.
By registering and attending the NALA Conference, you consent to the following policies:
- Photography and/or recording (including audio and video) during the NALA Conference is allowed for personal and private use only.
- Photos and/or recordings cannot be copied, altered, sold, exhibited, or further distributed without NALA’s prior written consent.
- Photos and/or recordings are the exclusive property of NALA. NALA retains the right to revoke consent.
- No disruptions due to photography and/or recording shall be allowed, and violators may lose attendance privileges.
- NALA will strictly follow COVID-19 safety procedures as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the State of Arizona, Maricopa County, the City of Phoenix, and any other governing Federal or local government agency.
- During your attendance at the NALA Conference in Phoenix, AZ you will be required to support our COVID-19 Safety Measures, and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, social distancing, proof of vaccination, and/or a negative covid test. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the NALA Conference in Phoenix, AZ.
Waiver of Lawsuit/Release of Liability:
COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING 2022 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LEGAL ASSISTANTS (NALA) CONFERENCE WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION*
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- NALA has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend the NALA Conference you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending the NALA Conference is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending the NALA Conference.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue NALA, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with the NALA Conference.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at the NALA Conference specifically related to COVID-19.
We are committed to implementing conscious and intentional measures to not only combat COVID-19, but promote healthy best practices that will become the protocol for all events during high- and low-risk time periods alike.
Please continuously check back here. We will continue to revise our procedures as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic.
*As times are changing, so too, are our policies.