- Waiver of the $50 approval fee for sponsors requesting CLE credit approval
- Waiver of the $50 approval fee to be listed in the CLE directory
- Publications that offer assistance with organizational matters such as a leadership manual; guidelines on how to conduct seminars; bylaws and a description of this document. Affiliates are also entitled to receive a free consultation from NALA's professional staff, representing many years of experience in association management
- Publications which offer assistance to your members in analyzing and reviewing issues affecting our profession. This includes Facts & Findings and Facts & Findings Digital; and the bi-annual National Utilization and Compensation Survey Report
- Special reports so that your association may inform your members immediately of any urgent or special actions having an immediate effect or requiring an immediate announcement
- Affiliated Associations Meeting - an opportunity for affiliate association representatives to meet, elect their board representative, and share ideas concerning association governance
- Members of affiliated associations will receive 25% off a NALA Active membership fee.
Student associations may also affiliate with NALA. Student associations receive all of the benefits of the affiliation program with the exception of voting privileges.
Materials and communications from NALA are furnished to affiliated associations through their presidents and NALA liaisons. These officers serve as the communications link between NALA and the affiliated association.
The annual fee to an association for affiliation in NALA is a flat rate of $250. The annual affiliation fee for student associations is a flat rate of $50.
Attributes of the affiliated association program include:
- Members of NALA affiliated associations are not required to become members of NALA, except the affiliated association's NALA Liaison. NALA believes membership in a national association is a choice best left to individual paralegals.
- Affiliation with NALA does not jeopardize the unique programs and philosophies of the affiliated association and its members.
- During the July annual meeting, time is dedicated to an annual meeting of NALA affiliated associations, providing an opportunity for members to share their experiences and programs, successes and difficulties. Issues in association management are also discussed. The discussions and presentations have proven to be very helpful. Associations are also provided with an opportunity to set up exhibit tables displaying information on programs and activities offered through their associations.
Membership Packet: Instructions, Forms, and Sample Bylaws
If your association is interested in becoming an affiliated association, please contact Deanna Young, NALA Affiliated Associations Coordinator email@example.com