- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Personal Trust Assistant - posted 1/9/19
Personal Trust Assistant - posted 1/9/19
Job Purpose and Scope: Under general direction, provide client, participant, administrative and clerical support for Personal Trust Officer(s).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide administrative and clerical support for Personal Trust Officer(s) including, but not limited to bill pay, tax payment and mailing of forms as necessary, opening and closing accounts, preparation of correspondence as requested, preparation of asset retention letters, opening and sorting mail, preparation of discretionary request documentation for trust committees, review of trial balances of trusts for assigned Personal Trust Officers, handle documentation requirements for special assets, preparation of trade advice letters, and review of statements for form and/or content issues prior to Personal Trust Officer review
- Ensure customers receive exceptional service at all times
- Meet with customers, centers of influence and prospects while maintaining a professional yet personable level of communication and interaction
- Assist in developing new business proposals
- Answer calls from internal and external customers providing timely response to inquiries and request for support
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials
- Assist with and participate in beneficiary and customer meetings as requested.
- Maintain excellent and well organized records and files
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters related to internal and external customers
- Read, research and learn through web based or other training about the Arkansas trust code, estate tax, gift tax and generation-skipping transfer tax, and other applicable subject areas.
- Proactive in dealing with deadlines and regulatory requirements
- Timely and accurate completion of assigned work
- Maintain good punctuality and attendance to work
- Periodically work overtime to meet deadlines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to prioritize and complete assigned tasks
- Proficiency in computer applications (Outlook, Windows, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow instruction of others
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of contacts both with the bank and with client and their employees
- Ability to read, understand, retain and act upon a knowledge base related to the personal trust services business.
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work overtime when required
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Photocopy Machine
- Facsimile Machine
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
- Performing several tasks at once in a fast paced environment
- Coordinating multiple and changing priorities
- Establishing and maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with other staff and supervisors and interacting with a wide range of positions and personalities
- Demonstrating effective professional communication with other staff, supervisors, clients and prospects.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications: 1. College diploma or equivalent in business related fields of study preferred 2. Minimum two (2) years’ experience in financial services industry and/or two (2) years’ paralegal experience. 3. Minimum six (6) months experience in a professional trust department preferred
Please see instructions below to apply.
Applicants must apply online at https://bit.ly/2RmqAqR and upload a copy of their current Resume. We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex(to include pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws. Member FDIC