- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Paralegal - posted 2/28/19
Paralegal - posted 2/28/19
The Paralegal will manage the flow of real estate contracts and related documentation, including preparation of estoppels, SNDs and lease amendments.
Key Responsibilities include:
Drafting, Review and Analysis:
- Prepare real estate leases, amendments, SNDAs, and estoppels on Company’s standard templates.
- Prepare lease termination letters.
- Analyze and abstract key provisions of existing leases, such as restrictive covenants and obligations.
- Manage leases and other real estate contracts through the legal review and approval process, including intake of contracts from the business, and communication with outside and in-house counsel.
- Maintain a report with the current real estate contract status.
- Route real estate contracts for approval and signature.
- Administer Lucernex, the Company’s management system for real property leases, including entering abstract data, monitoring critical dates (e.g., renewals, termination, etc.), sending notices to stakeholders, and ensuring that all leases are tracked in the system.
Act as back-up for other personnel in the Department, including:
- Administer the Company’s contract management system, including monitoring critical dates (e.g., auto renewals, termination, etc.), send notices to stakeholders, and ensuring that all contracts are tracked in the system.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and creating reports to analyze budget information
- Process the payment of legal invoices
Requirements or Qualifications:
2-year degree plus paralegal certificate; or 4-year degree. Technology – proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, and able and willing to work with databases and new technology. •7+ years of experience as a Real Estate Paralegal •Organized – highly organized and detail oriented; keen ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing quality or customer service •Oral Communication – listen well and seek clarification; anticipate and respond well to questions; communicate thoughts clearly and concisely •Written Communication – write clearly, informatively and concisely; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; accurately read and interpret written information •Quality – demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency •Professionalism – accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments •Teamwork – balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to building a positive team spirit •Positive – flexible and exhibit a positive “can-do” attitude even during particularly busy or stressful periods •Analytical – gather and analyze information skillfully; synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data •Problem Solving – identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while balancing risks and rewards •Attendance/Punctuality – consistently at work and on time •Initiative – self-motivated; take independent actions and calculated risks; ask for and offer help when needed
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Due Date:
August 31 2019