- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Paralegal - posted 2/27/19
Paralegal - posted 2/27/19
PromiseShip is currently hiring a Paralegal to assist and support the PromiseShip General Counsel and staff attorney in all legal practice areas. The position will conduct legal and factual research on assigned issues, maintain legal databases, case and project files, review and analyze existing and/or proposed laws, rules, regulations, and programs promulgated by state and federal courts and agencies and make recommendations on courses of action, as appropriate.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Prepare legal correspondence and documents, for review by legal counsel, as assigned.
- Provide legal support relating to the drafting, review, negotiation and finalization of a variety of legal documents and correspondence.
- Monitor the progress of, and maintain corporate and project documents for, major cases and proceedings involving PromiseShip; requests decisions, exhibits, transcripts and briefs; informs counsel of pertinent legal decisions and developments.
- Organize and maintain case and project files and update legal department databases. Query databases and prepare reports for department management as requested.
- Master and use software law practice management system, including entering, indexing, searching for and retrieving data, and generating reports.
- Scan documents and enter them into the software database.
- Gather, review, analyze and organize documents, records and information, both in paper and electronic form.
- Review, analyze, and prepare responses to subpoenas, discovery requests, and other legal documents, as assigned.
- Research and respond to requests from internal clients as well as outside counsel and other agencies.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of arguments, testimony and affidavits/declarations; draft legal documents and briefs as assigned.
- Schedule, prepare for, attend and assist at meetings, depositions, proceedings, court or agency hearings.
- Understand and communicate clearly and accurately in written and oral form statements of law and fact.
- Conduct investigative research.
- Assess and organize documents based on relevant legal issues.
Requirements or Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years of legal experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Paralegal certificate and bachelor's degree preferred. • Knowledge of legal and court procedure, terminology, and documents, especially child welfare law and juvenile justice; methods of legal research. • Ability to research, analyze, and apply legal principles, facts, evidence, and precedents to legal problems. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computer applications. • Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment. • Interested in project assignments in a variety of different areas. • The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). • Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Please apply at www.promiseship.org/careers
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. PromiseShip is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at (402)492-2500.