- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Paralegal - posted 5/14/19
Paralegal - posted 5/14/19
TDB Communications, Inc. is seeking qualified Paralegals to perform the following tasks:
Provides a variety of direct legal and secretarial support services to the office.
Typical assignments include:
- Examines, prepares and processes a variety of technical legal documents which are characteristically voluminous and complex in format. Reviews incoming material and independently determines the need for assembly and preparation of a variety of legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, search and tracking warrants, subpoenas, etc., ensuring all documents are in conformance with rules governing style and format. Prepares discovery packages for distribution, ensuring discovery is complete and necessary redaction are made.
- Provides assistance to attorneys in trial preparation by performing duties such as independently compiling notebooks, compiling witness and exhibit lists, and organizing discovery documents. Establishes and maintains a variety of files. Ensures appropriate filing is accomplished correctly and timely.
- Composes original letters that do not require legal interpretations, but do require a good working knowledge of legal procedures and specialized terminology, e.g., discovery and proffer letters, requests for extensions of time in certain cases, declination letters for law enforcement agencies, etc.
- Receives visitors and telephone callers. Furnishes requested information concerning pending and closed matters and cases, functions and general procedures of the office. Determines which matters should be referred to the AUSA and the urgency of the matter.
- Performs docketing duties such as opening, updating and closing cases through use of the automated case tracking system. As necessary, searches database for required information.
- Maintains calendar of assigned active cases. Using calendaring software, maintains calendar(s) of the AUSA(s) by scheduling court appointments, interviews, and conferences, and provides reminders of commitments and court appearances. Develops and maintains suspense system for ongoing cases and informs the AUSA of pending dates and deadlines. Maintains filing and ensures all documents required for court hearings, interviews, and scheduling conferences are promptly and accurately placed in the case file.
- Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications. For example, assignments may include integrating output from different software types, e.g., tables produced by database applications and charts and graphs produced by electronic spreadsheet applications, into word processing or desk top publishing text. Products include complicated tables, graphs and charts which may be incorporated into legal documents or courtroom presentations. Ensures proper format, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TDB offers benefits provided for them at no cost or low cost depending on the plan chosen, 10 paid federal holidays, 2 weeks of vacation after a year, 7 days of sick leave annually, and a 401K program
TDB Communications, Inc. is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer
Application Due Date:
June 07 2019