- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
E-Billing Coordinator - posted 1/23/20
E-Billing Coordinator - posted 1/23/20
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a E-Billing Coordinator within our Finance Department in our San Franciscooffice.
Under general direction, responsible for set-up, implementation, and maintenance of e-billing for the Firm's clients, working directly with Client Account Managers (CAM), clients, and third party vendors. Assists and trains billers and CAMs on e-billing process and assists with e-billing requirements (format, approved timekeepers, etc.) and troubleshooting issues. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position. Assist with Timenote Notice Inbox and Fall-Out matter.
E-billing Process and Maintenance
- Direct and maintain electronic billing processes and requirements; serve as liaison among clients, billing attorneys and staff, billers, CAMs and third party vendor; facilitate communication to ensure timely and correct implementation and on-going functionality of electronic billing for the Firm's clients. Ensure adherence to Firm's billing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate data collection for e-billing matter set-up and on-going maintenance:
- Oversee matter set-up, including timekeeper and billing rate set up and approval, both on the vendor site and within the Firm's billing system.
- Assist billing attorneys and their assigned CAMs in creating and maintaining matter budgets and matter plans or status reports.
- Facilitate annual rate change process among the Firm, the vendor, and the client. Assist billers and CAMs in resolving e-billing issues (missing or unapproved timekeepers, incorrect rates, missing claim or matter information, etc.).
- Review and process e-billing documentation according to attorney instruction and department procedures. Ensure effective and detailed information flow within department, internal, and external clients.
- Review e-billing documents and client/matter master files for special billing needs and obtain necessary documentation if special billing need is not properly reflected in e-billing.
- Collaborate with internal clients to define special billing needs.
- Review rates, discounts, addresses, and other components of e-bill for accuracy. Identify discrepancies and independently gather resources and information needed to complete process.
- Review final bills to insure data integrity. Proactively collaborate with billers to process and transmit error-free e-bills.
- Provide research assistance as needed to resolve e-billing discrepancies and/or issues. Locate data and information from other sources that may not be readily available.
- Design and maintain reports for e-billing analysis. Apply and administer other application tools as needed.
- Assist other billers, CAMs and accounting staff as needed with all e-billing concerns. Recommend appropriate solutions. Respond promptly and completely to client, attorney, and department inquiries.
- Timenotes support: Assist in the Timenote Notice Inbox and ensure all requests are handled accurately
- Fall-Out management support: Ensure that time in fall-out matter is cleared and corrected accordingly.
- Assist at month-end closing ensuring that the Fall-Out matter is cleared, Intapp Time disabled, run report on Elite Values; may also assist with maintaining restricted text and rules.
- Coordinate and prepare special e-billing projects as needed.
Billing and Collection Support
- Attend department and group meetings as needed to keep up-to-date on department policies and procedures.
- Provide backup assistance as needed for other accounting department personnel for Master Files, Billing and Collections.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Elite experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years Billing and Collection experience.
- Experience with vendor e-billing systems ( i.e., Tymetrix, Legal Tracker, DataCert) preferred.
- E-Billing HUB certification preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Law Firm or professional services background with international exposure preferred
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.