- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Corporate Paralegal - posted 2/7/19
Corporate Paralegal - posted 2/7/19
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
The Kansas City office of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is seeking a Paralegal for its Corporate Group. The paralegal will be responsible for providing assistance to lawyers in the Corporate Finance, Technology, Entrepreneurial and Commercial Practice, and Transactions Client Services Group.
- Prepare organizational documents (e.g. bylaws, operating agreements), publicly file formation documents (e.g. articles of incorporation, certificates of formation, annual reports), foreign state qualifications, merger certificates and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) financing statements for corporations, general and limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Obtain good standing certificates, certified documents and UCC searches from state agencies.
- Prepare closing documents and certificates for transaction closings and coordinate execution of same.
- Prepare post-transaction closing binders.
- Prepare and maintain capitalization tables including stock and option ledgers and related governance records (e.g. minutes, certificates, powers).
- Assist in due diligence, data room management and related organizational matters.
- Prepare documents and spreadsheets for transactions such as financings, mergers, conversions, dissolutions, acquisitions, and closing statements.
- Perform blue sky research and prepare and file blue sky forms.
- Prepare and file Form D filings.
- Maintain corporate files and databases.
- Perform electronic research using internet-based research tools.
- Communicate regularly with attorneys regarding the status of projects and deadlines, and inform attorneys of any issues.
- Track and record time in a time entry system
Requirements or Qualifications:
The eligible candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate and a minimum of five years’ of experience with corporate practices at a law firm or in-house legal department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. • Ability to manage and take ownership of numerous tasks simultaneously and maintain organized files. • Proven analytical, mathematical and organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail. • Proven process improvement and/or knowledge management skills. • Ability to organize large amounts of data, both hardcopy and electronic, for easy filing and retrieval. • Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and adapt to changing work priorities, work flow and work assignments in a fast-paced transactional practice. • Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with internal and external clients. • Proven ability to problem solve, think independently and tackle projects with minimal supervision while maintaining timely and efficient organization. • Demonstrated skills in Word, Excel, PDF-based programs, databases, and electronic research tools. PowerPoint and Visio preferred. • Flexibility to arrive early, stay late or work weekends with little or no notice. • Ability to work off-site at client location(s) for extended periods of time. • Ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter to Esther Villa at email@example.com
Application Due Date:
February 22 2019
Competencies - • Attention to detail • Verbal and written communication skills • Computer skills • Meet deadlines Supervisory Responsibility- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment - This position operates in a professional office environment. Physical Demands - Ability to work in a typical office environment and lift up to 25 lbs. Travel - Limited travel may be necessary. NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.