- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Case Administrator II - posted 3/5/19
Case Administrator II - posted 3/5/19
Western Case Management Center
Overview The American Arbitration Association (AAA) is seeking a Case Administrator II in our Labor, Employment & Elections Division. Reporting to the Manager of ADR Services, the Case Administrator will primarily be responsible for providing advanced case management of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services in accordance with the rules and procedures of the AAA and applicable laws, and will serve as an impartial liaison to the parties and their representatives. We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to have a rewarding career in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our comprehensive benefits program includes the following: health and Rx, dental and orthodontia, vision, discounted pet insurance, disability insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, 403(b) and Roth 403(b) retirement plans w/company match, a discounted corporate FitBit program, and generous paid time-off benefits.
- Initiates and maintains efficient flow of information between the parties and neutrals.
- Tabulates accurate electronic files and financial records in accordance with corporate standards.
- Uses computer and database systems to manage case work tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Understands and applies existing billing, disbursement and collection policies and practices to execute compliance and communicates these with parties, advocates and neutrals.
- Proactively identifies case management issues and takes appropriate action to resolve them in cooperation with the Manager of ADR Services.
- Responds to inquiries regarding AAA services in a timely manner, with accurate and specific information; utilizes effective time management skills to focus on critical issues and to set priorities.
- Initiates and conducts administrative conferences and facilitates preliminary hearings on all cases.
- Participates in regular trainings and meetings to review new and existing policies and procedures.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree; 2 years of work experience involving comprehensive customer service in a law office or judicial related environment; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
Communications Abilities: (Verbal) Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; tailors speech to the level and experience of the audience; uses appropriate grammar and choice of words; expresses ideas in a concise, organized manner; maintains eye contact when speaking with others; (Written) Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in writing; tailors written communications to effectively reach an audience; uses graphics and other aids to clarify complex or technical information; spells correctly; writes using concrete, specific language; uses punctuation correctly; writes grammatically.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to understand and interpret statistical reports, financial/fee schedules, data charts and graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Possesses ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables; exercises sound judgment to make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions, including the ability to determine importance as well as when to elevate problems to a supervisor. Software Skills: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft word, Excel and Microsoft Office.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Application Due Date:
April 30 2019
The American Arbitration Association is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and considers all employees and applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/bd7wqwcspw693csb PI108120272